Wolverines clinch share of WHC girls tennis title
Polk County clinched a share of the Western Highlands Conference regular-season title Wednesday, routing Mountain Heritage 9-0 in WHC girls tennis action at Polk
Polk County clinched a share of the Western Highlands Conference regular-season title Wednesday, routing Mountain Heritage 9-0 in WHC girls tennis action at Polk.
The Wolverines (12-2, 5-0) can claim the title outright on Thursday with a win at Owen.
Wednesday’s match was never in doubt as Polk County dropped just two games in the nine matches combined. Hannah Jenne, Tana Harris, Julia Griffin, Bella Marino and Virginia Rostick were all 10-0 winners in singles, with Haven Dufford earning a 10-2 win at No. 3 singles.
Jenne and Harris, Ava Marino and Sara Muse and Willow Arkell and Trinity Branham were each 8-0 winners in doubles play.
With the Owen match its final regular-season contest, Polk County will host the Western Highlands Conference tournament on Tuesday.
- Polk County leads Wells Fargo Conference Cup race after fall season
- Polk Middle turns home finale into victory party, topping Brevard
- Wolverines battle Brevard for half before Devils pull away for win
- Wolverines celebrate season, hand out awards at football banquet
- PCVC 13U squad rolls to tournament title