Polk County track and field teams celebrate at end-of-season banquet
Polk County High’s outdoor track and field program celebrated another successful season with its end-of-year banquet on Wednesday
Polk County High’s outdoor track and field program celebrated another successful season with its end-of-year banquet on Wednesday.
The teams gathered at Harmon Field to celebrate a season that ended with two state champions – pole vaulter Jake Justice and the girls 4×400-meter relay team – and two top-10 finishes at the state 1A meet.
Head coach Alan Peoples and the team’s assistant coaches also handed out team awards. Those included:
MVP Running: Olivia Overholt (five events)
MVP Field: Anna McFadden (four events)
Most Improved: Emmie McDowell (three events)
Ms. Wolverine: Izzy Jackson (four events), Tori Thompson (four events)
MVP Running: Caleb Potter (five events)
MVP Field: Jake Justice (five events)
Most Improved: Braxton Edwards (six events)
Ms. Wolverine: Mitchell Yoder (four events), Demoi Millett (four events)
The number of events listed refer to the number of times an athlete competed in the event at least once during the season.
- PCVC 14U picks up first win at AAU national tournament
- Wolverines 12th Man to hold kickoff celebration on August 10
- PCVC 14U team opens play in national championship tourney
- Polk boys basketball program to begin summer workouts
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor