Wolverines sweep singles to blank Hilltoppers
Polk County made quick work Monday of R-S Central, handing the Hilltoppers a 6-0 setback in a non-conference boys tennis match in Rutherfordton
Polk County made quick work Monday of R-S Central, handing the Hilltoppers a 6-0 setback in a non-conference boys tennis match in Rutherfordton.
The match was stopped after singles play due to cold and windy conditions.
Polk County improved to 11-2 with the victory. The Wolverines host Mountain Heritage on Tuesday in their final home regular-season match of the season.
1. Ryan Heider d. Ben Kersey 10-0; 2. Henry Heider d. Ben Hutchins 10-2; 3. Henry Monts d. Ethan Rector 10-1; 4. Payton Stott d. Conner Settlemyre 10-4; 5. Ethan Edwards d. Shivan Patel 10-7; 6. Jesus Avellaneda d. Will Scofield 10-8.
- Polk trio honored at WNC Sports Awards Banquet
- Audio slideshow: Polk County athletes compete at 1A state track and field meet
- Justice leaves his mark on state track with record, another pole vault title
- Emotional 4×400 state title tinged with sadness for Polk seniors
- Wolverines battle, but drop 2-0 decision to Union Academy