Varsity basketball roundup: Mitchell sweeps Polk County
Mitchell handed Polk County a 60-26 setback Monday night in Western Highlands Conference girls basketball action in Bakersville
Mitchell handed Polk County a 60-26 setback Monday night in Western Highlands Conference girls basketball action in Bakersville.
Autumn Owen had 12 points to lead the Wolverines (1-19, 0-9). Kylee Mullis and Mariah Overholt each scored four points, with Kristen Hall and Rachael Davis each scoring three.
Mitchell improved to 17-4, 5-3 with the victory.
MITCHELL BOYS WIN: Mitchell exploded for 33 points in the second period en route to an 81-51 win over Polk County.
After a tight first period, the Mountaineers (5-16, 3-5) built a 46-19 halftime lead thanks to outscoring Polk County (2-18, 0-9) 33-10 in the second period.
Polk County closes its regular season on Tuesday, traveling to Madison.
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor
- Polk County places seventh in 1A Wells Fargo Cup race
- Youth basketball camp kicks off Wednesday afternoon at PCHS
- Owen adds to honors with All-State selection
- Golf tournament part of effort to complete Lassiter’s Harmon Field renovation