Polk Middle finishes second in BRC baseball playoffs
Polk County Middle’s hopes for a Blue Ridge Conference baseball title ended Thursday as Brevard Middle notched a 13-1 win in the BRC championship game in Brevard
Polk County Middle’s hopes for a Blue Ridge Conference baseball title ended Thursday as Brevard Middle notched a 13-1 win in the BRC championship game in Brevard.
The Blue Devils ended their season with an 11-1-1 record. Polk Middle closes its season at 7-6 with its second BRC championship game appearance in three years. The Wolverines knocked off West Division champion Macon Middle to reach the final.
Alex Tipton had two hits and Coble Cameron added a hit for the Wolverines.
“Today just wasn’t our day,” said PCMS head coach Kenny Hall. “We came in with a great deal of confidence but Brevard proved to be the better team today.
“Coach (John) Ruth and I are proud of what the boys were able to accomplish together this season in a very competitive baseball conference.”
Polk Middle pushed across its lone run in the top of the fourth when Tipon and Cameron singled to open the inning and Tipton later scored on a Brevard error.
- Polk County leads Wells Fargo Conference Cup race after fall season
- Polk Middle turns home finale into victory party, topping Brevard
- Wolverines battle Brevard for half before Devils pull away for win
- Wolverines celebrate season, hand out awards at football banquet
- PCVC 13U squad rolls to tournament title