Brevard Middle bats help upend Polk Middle
Brevard Middle scored in each of the first three innings Monday en route to a 12-2 win over Polk County in a Blue Ridge Conference battle at Polk County Recreation Complex
Brevard Middle scored in each of the first three innings Monday en route to a 12-2 win over Polk County in a Blue Ridge Conference battle at Polk County Recreation Complex.
The Blue Devils (2-2) scored three runs in the top of the first, five more in the second and four in the third to claim a five-inning win.
Polk County (3-2) responded with a run in the bottom of the first as Alex Tipton and Evan Jones walked with one out, with Angus Weaver’s single loading the bases. Gabe Alvarado followed with a base hit to drive in Tipton, but Brevard then forced a double play to end the inning.
Weaver delivered a home run in the bottom of the fifth inning to account for Polk County’s other run. He finished 2-for-3 with an RBI to lead the Wolverines, with Tipton and Alvarado adding the only other hits.
Polk Middle is set to return to action on Thursday, traveling to Rugby.
- College roundup: Godlock having solid spring, Livesay nears end of senior season
- Twitty captures USA South shot put conference title
- Owen in running for 2019 NFCA Freshman of the Year
- Indoor facility helping brighten the future of Polk County baseball
- Emory takes medalist honors at WHC match in Newland