Polk County honors wrestlers at year-end team banquet
Polk County’s wrestling team recently celebrated its 2014-2015 season, which included a dual team playoff berth, with its annual year-end banquet.
The following awards were handed out at the event:
All-Conference: Dustin Calvert, Chase Emory
Most Improved: Jerry Cox
Mr. Wolverine: Dustin Calvert, Anthony Marino
Most Valuable: Chase Emory
Emory, a sophomore, advanced to the state 2A tournament, where he placed sixth overall.
- College roundup: Godlock having solid spring, Livesay nears end of senior season
- Twitty captures USA South shot put conference title
- Owen in running for 2019 NFCA Freshman of the Year
- Indoor facility helping brighten the future of Polk County baseball
- Emory takes medalist honors at WHC match in Newland