Polk County head wrestling coach Scott Taylor has announced the start of practice on Monday in the mat room at PCHS.
The first practice will begin at 3:30 p.m.
Any athlete wishing to wrestle must have an active physical on file at the PCHS athletic office. Athletes must also complete registration on polkcounty.8to18.com before being allowed to practice.
Current North Carolina High School Athletic Association rules mandate that:
- Athletes are not required to wear face coverings during practice while exercising/conditioning, if socially distanced
- Athletes are required to wear face coverings during practice if they are in contact with another student-athlete
- Face coverings must be single-use and disposable
- Athletes are not required to wear face coverings during their actual match, but must wear them until checking in at the head table
- If an athlete chooses to wear a face covering during a match, it must be single-use and disposable