Waddell named All-Area player of the year; three other Wolverines honored
Polk County senior Reagan Waddell has been named the co-Player of the Year as part of the 2017 Times-News All-Area volleyball squad
Polk County senior Reagan Waddell has been named the co-Player of the Year as part of the 2017 Times-News All-Area volleyball squad.
Waddell shared the honor with West Henderson’s Darby Fisher.
Three other Polk County players were named to the All-Area team – senior Kendall Hall, junior Ansley Lynch and sophomore Grace Lauer.
The Western Highlands Conference player of the year, Waddell finished the season with 369 kills and 433 digs, helping her surpass the 1,000 career mark in both categories during the season. She helped lead Polk County to a 23-4 record and appearance in the state 1A semifinals.
Hall, Lynch and Lauer all earned all-conference selections. Hall finished the season with 631 digs and capped her stellar career with 2,349 digs.
Lynch had 124 kills and 269 digs for the Wolverines while Lauer finished with 162 kills and 64 digs.
The complete All-Area team can be found here.
- Polk trio honored at WNC Sports Awards Banquet
- Audio slideshow: Polk County athletes compete at 1A state track and field meet
- Justice leaves his mark on state track with record, another pole vault title
- Emotional 4×400 state title tinged with sadness for Polk seniors
- Wolverines battle, but drop 2-0 decision to Union Academy