Enka rallies past Polk County in five-set tussle
Enka rallied from a 2-1 deficit Thursday, winning the final two shots to defeat Polk County 3-2 in non-conference volleyball action in Candler
Enka rallied from a 2-1 deficit Thursday, winning the final two sets to defeat Polk County 3-2 in non-conference volleyball action in Candler.
The Jets recorded a 25-27, 25-17, 23-25, 25-21, 15-11 victory, dropping Polk County to 3-5 on the season. Enka improved to 5-5.
Grace Lauer had 20 kills and two aces for Polk County, with Kristen Hall adding 15 kills and 22 digs. Mireya Roman finished with 10 kills and four digs while Sydney Waldman had 50 assists and 13 digs.
Ansley Lynch finished with 33 digs and Landry Edwards had nine digs for Polk.
The Wolverines return home Tuesday for the start of Western Highlands Conference play, hosting Owen at 6:30 p.m.
Editor’s note: An earlier version of this story had incorrect information. PolkSports apologizes for the error.
- Polk County leads Wells Fargo Conference Cup race after fall season
- Polk Middle turns home finale into victory party, topping Brevard
- Wolverines battle Brevard for half before Devils pull away for win
- Wolverines celebrate season, hand out awards at football banquet
- PCVC 13U squad rolls to tournament title