Polk County indoor track and field athletes got their first look Friday at JDL Fast Track in Winston-Salem.
A group of Wolverines competed in the H.O.T. Santa meet at JDL, site of the state 2A/1A championship meet in February. Athletes from around the state competed in the annual meet.
Polk had two top-three efforts. Maggie McCammon placed third in the high jump with a mark of 4-6 while Nathaniel Rhein took third in the 55-meter hurdles with a time of 8.60. Rhein continues to threaten one of the oldest marks in Polk County’s record book, the 55-meter hurdle standard of 8.28 set in 1994-94 by Brooks Lookadoo.
Polk County athletes are slated to be back in action on Wednesday at the 13th annual Reindeer Games, set to begin at 4 p.m. in G.M. Tennant Stadium.
9. Susanna Ashworth, 6:03.56
7. Lindsey Dotson, 26-2; 12. Tali Thompson, 22-6
3. Maggie McCammon, 4-6.
28. Tristan Devine, 5:52.31; 29. Harrison Ashworth, 5:52.91; 32. Brinson Ashworth, 6:06.20
3. Nathaniel Rhein, 8:60; 10. Ryan Rogerson, 10:54.
5. Polk County, 9:15.99
24. RJ Ruff, 30-10; 33. Nicholas Batiato, 27-9
5. Nathaniel Rhein, 38-1 1/4