Polk County will take a contingent of athletes to Saturday’s 1A/2A Indoor Track and Field State Championship looking to cap their season with a successful showing.
The North Carolina High School Athletic Association has released the preliminary entry list for Saturday’s meet, and it includes five Wolverine individual qualifiers as well as two relay teams.
The state meet is set to begin Saturday at 9 a.m. at JDL Fast Track in Winston-Salem.
Polk County athletes listed as entering include:
- Kristopher Brooks, pole vault
- Leah Dotson, pole vault
- Karsyn Huskey, 1000-meter run
- Nate Martinez, 500-meter run
- Elizabeth Vitale, pole vault
- Cade Bright, Cannon Iamurri, Nate Martinez, Davis Young, 4×800-meter relay
- Karsyn Huskey, Laney Littlefield, Thais Vorbe, Mia Wolfe, 4×400-meter relay