Polk County’s Jake Justice matched the school record in the pole vault Monday, clearing 14-6 to win the event at the High Octane Track Series Finale in Winston-Salem.
Competing at JDL Fast Track, site of next month’s state 2A/1A championships, Justice equaled the mark of Bryan Lieberman. Justice had cleared 14-6 outdoors, but not officially indoors prior to Monday’s meet.
Two other Polk County competitors earned event wins on Monday. Caleb Potter captured the 3200-meter run with a time of 10:16.12 and Izzy Jackson won the 500 meters with a time of 1:24.11.
The Wolverines are next scheduled to compete on Jan. 30 in the combined WNC Polar Bear Championships/Reindeer Games meet at G.M. Tennant Stadium.
- Maia Teague, 11.93
- Izzy Jackson, 1:24.11*; 6. Emma Brunell, 1:32.40
- Amelia Nespeca, 4:33.32
- Polk County, 4:36.73* (Harris, Geddings, Gaul, Jackson)
- Anna McFadden, 4-2
- Reese Alley, 8-0*
- Anna McFadden, 13-9 1/4
- Polk County, 9:05.07* (Derkach, Edwards, Jergenson, Potter)
- Sebastian Potter, 8.54
- Polk County, 1:40.53 (Jones, Miller, Bishop, Edwards)
- Kiyon Staley, 5:39.74
- Jack Derkach, 1:11.52; 8. Matias Akers, 1:16.98; 24. Grayson Jones, 1:29.72
- Caleb Potter, 10:16.12*; 22. Chris Rickman, 12:51.36
- Polk County, 3:50.70 (Bishop, Miller, Potter, Derkach)
- Jake Justice, 14-6*
- Evan Miller, 17-11
- Grant Wooten, 37-7