Jackson claims 500 at Spartan Classic
Izzy Jackson raced to a first-place finish in the 500-meter run to lead Polk County’s efforts at the Spartan Classic indoor track meet
Izzy Jackson raced to a first-place finish in the 500-meter run Thursday to lead Polk County’s efforts at the Spartan Classic indoor track meet at JDL Fast Track in Winston-Salem.
Jackson finished a second ahead of Mount Tabor’s Tieka Thompson to win the race, held at the state of the 2019 state championship meet in February.
Polk County’s Jake Justice took second in both the pole vault and long jump while Caleb Potter placed second in the 3200-meter run.
The Wolverines are scheduled to be off until January 8, when the teams return to competition at the Polar Bear 2 meet in G.M. Tennant Stadium.
- Izzy Jackson, 1:22.88; 15. Emma Brunell, 1:33.22
- Caelan Gaul, 3:42.01; 27. Amelia Nespeca, 4:29.55
- Maia Teague, 12.10
- Polk County (Robbins, Harris, Geddings, Alley), 2:00.14
- Polk County (Alley, Jackson, Geddings, Gaul), 4:28.74
- Reese Alley, 8-6; 9. Tana Harris, 7-0
- Anna McFadden, 13-10
- Anna McFadden, 28-11 1/2
- Ryan Heider, 7.98; 37. Cameron Blackwell, 8.37
- Brad Marcello, 49.20
- Braxton Edwards, 1:14.66; 13. Matias Akers, 1:15.11; 33. Grayson Smith, 1:29.03
- Caleb Potter, 10:18.06; 21. Chris Rickman, 12:56.51
- Polk County (Bishop, Tinkler, Marcello, Jones), 1:39.64
- Jake Justice, 14-0
- Jake Justice, 20-8 1/4; 10. Evan Miller, 18-5; 18. Jordan Bishop, 16-1 3/4
- Grant Wooten, 36-0 1/4
- Luke Sellers, 46-6; 13. Hayden Shumate, 37-9 1/2; 15. Logan Conner, 36-5; 16. Ryan Heider, 33-11; 24. Cameron Blackwell, 27-7