Wolverines blast three homers in softball rout of Avery
Polk County cranked up its offense – and a few homers – Tuesday
Polk County cranked up its offense – and a few homers – Tuesday.
The Wolverines smashed three home runs en route to a 16-2 rout of Avery in a Western Highlands Conference softball clash in Newland.
Coming off a 6-3 win Friday over Owen, the Wolverines (6-4, 6-2) got home runs from Karli Wood, Hannah Emory and Ansley Lynch in closing out the Vikings (0-8, 0-7) in five innings.
The two teams are scheduled to meet again Thursday at Polk County.
Wood and Emory hit back-to-back homers in the third inning to highlight an 11-run outburst. Polk County sent 15 batters to the plate in the inning and every player in the lineup scored at least once.
Lynch had a grand slam as part of Polk County’s five-run fourth inning.
- PCVC 14U picks up first win at AAU national tournament
- Wolverines 12th Man to hold kickoff celebration on August 10
- PCVC 14U team opens play in national championship tourney
- Polk boys basketball program to begin summer workouts
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor