Lynch-led Polk offense has big day in rout of Mitchell
Ansley Lynch homered and drove in three runs Wednesday to help lead Polk County to a 15-0 victory in Western Highlands Conference softball action in Ledger
Ansley Lynch homered and drove in three runs Wednesday to help lead Polk County to a 15-0 victory in Western Highlands Conference softball action in Ledger.
The Wolverines (12-4, 9-2) notched their eighth straight victory in dropping Mitchell to 1-10, 0-9.
Lynch finished 3-for-4 with a double, triple and homer on a day when 10 different Wolverines had hits. Autumn Owen finished 2-for-4 with three RBI and Maranda Gosnell was 2-for-3 with an RBI and three runs for Polk.
Karli Wood also had two hits while Hannah Emory, Morgan Stott and Alana Jergenson each drove in two runs.
Haley Fowler allowed just three hits and struck out two in earning the win.
Polk County returns to action on Friday, traveling to Mountain Heritage for another WHC affair.
- Polk trio honored at WNC Sports Awards Banquet
- Audio slideshow: Polk County athletes compete at 1A state track and field meet
- Justice leaves his mark on state track with record, another pole vault title
- Emotional 4×400 state title tinged with sadness for Polk seniors
- Wolverines battle, but drop 2-0 decision to Union Academy