Polk County High School’s cheerleading program has announced its tryout plans for the 2020-2021 academic year.
The plan is subject to change based on requirements issued by the North Carolina High School Athletic Association, but currently is as follows:
- Students will report to the Health Check-in Tent for COVID-19 Health Screening
- Students must have a valid physical on file dated on or after March 1, 2019, meaning physicals for last school year remain valid for 2020-2021.
- Students must be registered in polkcounty.8to18.com with all forms completed or you will not be able to try out
- Students must bring the front questionnaire on the physical forms signed and completed as well as the pre-screening form or you will not be able to try out. These can be found on the PCHS website on the Athletics page or you can pick them up from the Athletics office.
- Students with asthma or diabetes that put you in a high risk category will need a doctor’s notes allowing you to participate in Athletics.
- Students must bring water bottles. NO WATER WILL BE SUPPLIED.
Tryout times are:
- Seniors–July 27, 9-11 a.m. (Determined by NCHSAA Phase)
- Juniors– July 27, 1-3 p.m. (Determined by NCHSAA Phase)
- Sophomores July 28-29, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Freshman July 28-29, 8;30-10:30 a.m.
Determined by NCHSAA Phase would only make the practice shorter, if required.
Girls will be judged on cheer, jumps and dance moves. Stunts may or may not be allowed based on the NCHSAA regulations at the time.
Results will be posted on the front door of Polk County High School on July 30, with practice times listed for the first week. Practices will begin August 3 and will be Monday through Friday, with times and length of practice depending upon NCHSAA regulations at the time.
There are costs associated with cheerleading, please be aware.
The first varsity football game is currently set for August 21, with the first JV game set for Sept. 4.