Polk Middle golfers claim East Division clash with Brevard
Polk County Middle’s golf team earned a win over Brevard Middle on Thursday in a dual match at Cummings Cove Golf Course
Polk County Middle’s golf team earned a win over Brevard Middle on Thursday in a dual match at Cummings Cove Golf Course.
The Wolverines posted a team score of 183 to easily best the 221 shot by East Division foe Brevard.
Avery Harden led Polk Middle with a 43, a personal-best score. Evan Jones shot a 44, with Casey Beiler adding a 45. Reilly Yoder shot a 51 and David Amitrano notched a 61 to round out Polk’s scoring.
“Avery is a kid that has worked so hard both during the season and between seasons to make himself a better golfer,” said Polk County Middle head coach Matthew Russell. “I’m really proud of his efforts and I’m happy to see him put it all together (Thursday).”
Polk Middle is scheduled to tee off again on Wednesday in a match featuring Blue Ridge Conference teams from the East and West divisions at Champion Hills.
- College roundup: Godlock having solid spring, Livesay nears end of senior season
- Twitty captures USA South shot put conference title
- Owen in running for 2019 NFCA Freshman of the Year
- Indoor facility helping brighten the future of Polk County baseball
- Emory takes medalist honors at WHC match in Newland