Polk golfers battle Brevard, Hendersonville at TCC
Polk County’s boys golf team continued tuning up for the Western Highlands Conference tournament with a tri-match Thursday at Tryon County Club
Polk County’s boys golf team continued tuning up for the Western Highlands Conference tournament with a tri-match Thursday at Tryon County Club.
The Wolverines competed well with Hendersonville and Brevard, with the Bearcats posting a team score of 169 to the Blue Devils’ 172 and Polk County’s 185.
Hendersonville’s Christian Bryant led all golfers, firing a 38 to top teammate Ian Trace and Brevard’s Hank Hardesty, who each had a 40.
Carson Emory led Polk County with a 42, followed by Max Zinn’s 45 and 49s from Hunter Lynch and Blake Rackley.
Also competing were Nick Wilson (52), Trey Thompson (56), Mason Luckadoo (57) and Brett Bagwell (62).
The Wolverines are scheduled to compete Thursday in a match at Mount Mitchell before the WHC tournament begins April 22 at Mountain Glen Golf Club.
- College roundup: Godlock having solid spring, Livesay nears end of senior season
- Twitty captures USA South shot put conference title
- Owen in running for 2019 NFCA Freshman of the Year
- Indoor facility helping brighten the future of Polk County baseball
- Emory takes medalist honors at WHC match in Newland