Polk County’s Ballard named Times-News golfer of the year
Polk County senior Will Ballard has been named the Times-News golfer of the year as the paper announced its All-Area team on Wednesday.
Ballard placed third in the 2A West Regional and earned a berth in the state 2A tournament, where he placed ninth, firing rounds of 71 and 76 at Longleaf Golf and Country Club in Southern Pines. He finished the season with a stroke average of 76.6.
Polk County teammate Jaron Bontrager also earned a spot on the team.
- College roundup: Godlock having solid spring, Livesay nears end of senior season
- Twitty captures USA South shot put conference title
- Owen in running for 2019 NFCA Freshman of the Year
- Indoor facility helping brighten the future of Polk County baseball
- Emory takes medalist honors at WHC match in Newland