Emory fires 79 to lead Wolverines in WHC match
Carson Emory fired a 79 Thursday to lead Polk County to a third-place finish in a Western Highlands Conference meet at Mount Mitchell Golf Course
Carson Emory fired a 79 Thursday to lead Polk County to a third-place finish in a Western Highlands Conference meet at Mount Mitchell Golf Course.
Emory carded a 38-41 to shoot a personal-best score and pace the Wolverines, who finished with a team score of 374. Mitchell won the match with a 328, nipping Avery’s 332. Mountain Heritage took fourth with a 407.
Avery’s Carter Smith posted a 76 to take medalist honors, with Mitchell’s Mitchell McMahan shooting a 78 for second.
Hunter Lynch had a 93 for Polk County, followed by Blake Rackley (100), Parker Dotson (102) and Trey Thompson (103).
The Wolverines are slated to return to the links sometime during the week of April 22. The first round of the Western Highlands Conference tournament is set for April 29 at Mountain Glen Golf Club.
- College roundup: Godlock having solid spring, Livesay nears end of senior season
- Twitty captures USA South shot put conference title
- Owen in running for 2019 NFCA Freshman of the Year
- Indoor facility helping brighten the future of Polk County baseball
- Emory takes medalist honors at WHC match in Newland