Emory fires 79 to lead Wolverines in WHC match
Carson Emory fired a 79 Thursday to lead Polk County to a third-place finish in a Western Highlands Conference meet at Mount Mitchell Golf Course
Carson Emory fired a 79 Thursday to lead Polk County to a third-place finish in a Western Highlands Conference meet at Mount Mitchell Golf Course.
Emory carded a 38-41 to shoot a personal-best score and pace the Wolverines, who finished with a team score of 374. Mitchell won the match with a 328, nipping Avery’s 332. Mountain Heritage took fourth with a 407.
Avery’s Carter Smith posted a 76 to take medalist honors, with Mitchell’s Mitchell McMahan shooting a 78 for second.
Hunter Lynch had a 93 for Polk County, followed by Blake Rackley (100), Parker Dotson (102) and Trey Thompson (103).
The Wolverines are slated to return to the links sometime during the week of April 22. The first round of the Western Highlands Conference tournament is set for April 29 at Mountain Glen Golf Club.
- PCVC 14U team opens play in national championship tourney
- Polk boys basketball program to begin summer workouts
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor
- Polk County places seventh in 1A Wells Fargo Cup race
- Youth basketball camp kicks off Wednesday afternoon at PCHS