Wolverines get bye in opening round of state 1A tennis playoffs
Polk County’s girls tennis team received a first-round bye in the state 1A playoffs in brackets released this week
Polk County’s girls tennis team received a first-round bye in the state 1A playoffs in brackets released this week by the North Carolina High School Athletic Association.
Unlike most sports, the NCHSAA tennis brackets are predetermined based on conference finish, so the Wolverines knew that the Western Highlands Conference champion would earn a bye.
Polk County (11-4) will face the winner of Wednesday’s first-round match between Northwest Conference champion Bishop McGuinness (16-2) and wild card Community School of Davidson (6-4).
If Bishop McGuinness wins, the Villains will host the second-round match with Polk County by virtue of having the better winning percentage and both teams being conference champions. That match would be played Tuesday in Kernersville.
Polk County would host Community School of Davidson.
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor
- Polk County places seventh in 1A Wells Fargo Cup race
- Youth basketball camp kicks off Wednesday afternoon at PCHS
- Owen adds to honors with All-State selection
- Golf tournament part of effort to complete Lassiter’s Harmon Field renovation