Polk extends winning streak to five with sweep at East Rutherford
Polk County wrapped up its non-conference schedule on Monday, routing East Rutherford 9-0
Polk County wrapped up its non-conference schedule on Monday, routing East Rutherford 9-0 in girls tennis action in Forest City.
The Wolverines picked up their fifth straight win and improved to 8-4 overall. Polk County is scheduled to travel Tuesday to Avery for a Western Highlands Conference match.
Polk County not only swept the day’s matches, but didn’t drop a set in singles.
East Rutherford fell to 2-7 with the loss.
1. Hannah Jenne d. Hannah Scruggs 6-3, 6-2; 2. Tana Harris d. Addson Cilone 6-1, 6-1; 3. Julia Griffin d. Makaili Marshall 6-2, 6-0; 4. Virginia Rostick d. Ashlyn Rowen 6-2, 6-0; 5. Sara Muse d. Alex McKinney 6-2, 6-1; 6. Ava Marino d. Jillan Thorn 6-0, 6-1.
1. Jenne-Harris d. Scruggs-Cilone 6-1; 2. Griffin-Rostick d. Marshall-Bowen 6-0; 3. Muse-Marino d. McKinney-Thorn 6-0.
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor
- Polk County places seventh in 1A Wells Fargo Cup race
- Youth basketball camp kicks off Wednesday afternoon at PCHS
- Owen adds to honors with All-State selection
- Golf tournament part of effort to complete Lassiter’s Harmon Field renovation