Near-perfect day for Wolverines in conference victory
Polk County’s girls tennis team quickly rolled to a 9-0 win Tuesday over Mountain Heritage in a Western Highlands Conference match at Polk
Polk County’s girls tennis team quickly rolled to a 9-0 win Tuesday over Mountain Heritage in a Western Highlands Conference match at Polk.
The Wolverines needed slightly more than an hour to sweep the day’s matches. Polk County lost just one game in the nine matches.
The Wolverines (6-4, 2-0) travel Thursday to Owen for another WHC match.
1. Hannah Jenne d. Meagan Robinson 10-0; 2. Tana Harris d. Kelsey Sullivan 10-0; 3. Julia Griffin d. Hannah Robinson 10-0; 4. Virginia Rostick d. Paige Fortner 10-1; 5. Sara Muse d. Savannah Deyton 10-0; 6. Ava Marino d. Sara Young 10-0.
1. Jenne-Harris d. M. Robinson-Sullivan 6-0; 2. Rostick-Griffin d. H. Robinson-Fortner 6-0; 3. Muse-Delaney Suddreth d. Deyton-Chrislyn Shuford 6-0.
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor
- Polk County places seventh in 1A Wells Fargo Cup race
- Youth basketball camp kicks off Wednesday afternoon at PCHS
- Owen adds to honors with All-State selection
- Golf tournament part of effort to complete Lassiter’s Harmon Field renovation