Polk County Middle earned its first win of the season on Monday, topping Rugby Middle 3-2 in a Blue Ridge Conference girls soccer match at Utz Field.
The Wolverines improved to 1-3, 1-2 in East Division matches, with the win. Rugby dropped to 2-2, 1-2.
How it happened: Reeve Carroll scored three goals to lead the Wolverines, who trailed 1-0 at halftime but stormed back in the second half for the win.
First-year head coach Jessica Marrow noted that it took contributions throughout the lineup to secure the win, among those:
- Kenley Savaia had a key assist
- Molly Justice delivered a solid effort at forward
- Leah Savaia had a strong game defensively
- Raney Tallon and Arie Parmalee had great headers in the game
- Goalkeeper Cate Brown recorded 14 saves
Quoteworthy: “Super proud of their effort and dedication,” Marrow said. “It was a great game.”
Next up: The Wolverines return to action on Thursday, traveling to Apple Valley Middle for a 4:30 p.m. game.