Sharpshooting Mountaineers top Wolverines
Mitchell rolled to a 39-15 halftime lead Friday and went on to post a 77-48 victory over Polk County in Western Highlands Conference girls basketball action in Ledger
Mitchell rolled to a 39-15 halftime lead Friday and went on to post a 77-48 victory over Polk County in Western Highlands Conference girls basketball action in Ledger.
The Mountaineers (14-9, 5-5) hit six 3-pointers in the first half, four of those in the second period, in building the 24-point advantage at the break. Mitchell finished with seven 3-pointers
Tori Thompson had 12 points and four assists to lead Polk County, with Sara Muse scoring nine and Olivia Overholt adding eight points, six assists and four steals.
Ansley Lynch had six points, with Marissa Twitty adding five. Emmie McDowell, Kristen Hall, Mariah Overholt and Rachael Davis all had two points for Polk County, which concludes its regular season on Tuesday at Mountain Heritage.
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor
- Polk County places seventh in 1A Wells Fargo Cup race
- Youth basketball camp kicks off Wednesday afternoon at PCHS
- Owen adds to honors with All-State selection
- Golf tournament part of effort to complete Lassiter’s Harmon Field renovation