Second-half surge helps keep Wolverine JVs undefeated
Polk County pulled away in the second half to top East Henderson 35-19
Polk County pulled away in the second half Friday to top East Henderson 35-19 in junior varsity girls basketball action at Polk.
The Wolverines improved to 3-0 with the win.
Polk County led 15-11 at halftime, but Kaylin Jenkins scored all of her game-high 11 points in the second half as the Wolverines pulled away for the win.
Emily Prince and Alana Jergenson each scored six points, with Savannah Parris scoring five. Amy Chupp and Kylee Mullis each had four points while Jessie Emory scored two and Lauren Dotson added one.
Polk County is slated to be back in action on Thursday, traveling to Brevard.
- PCVC 14U picks up first win at AAU national tournament
- Wolverines 12th Man to hold kickoff celebration on August 10
- PCVC 14U team opens play in national championship tourney
- Polk boys basketball program to begin summer workouts
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor