Madison takes command with 19-0 flurry, downs Polk
Sparked by a 19-0 run, Madison claimed a 51-29 victory Tuesday over Polk County in a Western Highlands Conference girls basketball matchup in Marshall
Sparked by a 19-0 run, Madison claimed a 51-29 victory Tuesday over Polk County in a Western Highlands Conference girls basketball matchup in Marshall.
The Patriots (15-7, 4-5) held just a seven-point lead in the second period before scoring 19 straight points, building a 37-11 lead late in the third period before Ansley Lynch scored to snap the run.
Madison scored the game’s first 10 points before a Rachael Davis 3-pointer snapped the run. The Wolverines (6-13, 0-8) kept the margin at that seven-point difference until the Patriot surge.
Marissa Twitty scored six points to lead Polk County, with Tori Thompson, Jen Guerrero and Lynch each adding four. Davis, Mariah Overholt and Olivia Overholt each finished with three, with Makayla Staley adding two.
Polk County returns home Wednesday to host Robbinsville in a non-conference clash that will also be the Wolverines’ final home game of the season.
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor
- Polk County places seventh in 1A Wells Fargo Cup race
- Youth basketball camp kicks off Wednesday afternoon at PCHS
- Owen adds to honors with All-State selection
- Golf tournament part of effort to complete Lassiter’s Harmon Field renovation