Late rally not enough for Polk to topple East
East Henderson kept its unbeaten record alive Friday, handing Polk County a 59-52 defeat
East Henderson kept its unbeaten record alive Friday, handing Polk County a 59-52 defeat in girls basketball action at Polk.
The Eagles (6-0) built a 36-16 lead at halftime, only to see Polk County (3-3) fight back with a fourth-quarter rally to drop the margin into single digits before the final buzzer.
Freshman Olivia Overholt had 16 points and five rebounds for the Wolverines, with Marissa Twitty scoring nine points with four steals.
Tori Thompson had eight points and three assists, with Sara Muse scoring seven points and Kristen Hall scoring five. Mariah Overholt had three points, with Emmie McDowell and Ansley Lynch each scoring two, with Lynch handing out three assists.
Polk County is scheduled to be back in action on Thursday, traveling to Brevard.
- PCVC 14U picks up first win at AAU national tournament
- Wolverines 12th Man to hold kickoff celebration on August 10
- PCVC 14U team opens play in national championship tourney
- Polk boys basketball program to begin summer workouts
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor