East Henderson girls top Polk to maintain unbeaten start
East Henderson raced to a 33-11 halftime lead and went on Wednesday to defeat Polk County 59-29 in a non-conference girls basketball matchup
East Henderson raced to a 33-11 halftime lead and went on Wednesday to defeat Polk County 59-29 in a non-conference girls basketball matchup in Flat Rock.
The Eagles (3-0) led 12-3 at the end of the first period, but fashioned a 21-8 run in the second to build the bulge at the intermission.
The senior-laden Eagles have won their first three games by an average margin of 25 points. Drew McMillian led East with 17 points and scored the 1,000th point of her career during the game.
Marissa Twitty had six points to lead Polk County (1-2), with Kristen Hall, Olivia Overholt, Emmie McDowell, Ansley Lynch and Jen Guerrero each scoring three.
Rachael Davis and Mariah Overholt each had two points and Tori Thompson added one for the Wolverines, who will return to action on Tuesday, hosting Cherryville.
- College roundup: Godlock having solid spring, Livesay nears end of senior season
- Twitty captures USA South shot put conference title
- Owen in running for 2019 NFCA Freshman of the Year
- Indoor facility helping brighten the future of Polk County baseball
- Emory takes medalist honors at WHC match in Newland