Polk’s Potter sparkles in Hagen Stone meet
Polk County’s Caleb Potter delivered an outstanding performance in Saturday’s Hagen Stone Cross Country Classic in Pleasant Garden, finishing 15th
Polk County’s Caleb Potter delivered an outstanding performance in Saturday’s Hagen Stone Cross Country Classic in Pleasant Garden, finishing 15th in the event.
Potter completed the course in 16:53.53 for his 15th-place showing in a field of 175 runners. Jeremiah Pratt of Pacers Home School, a Virginia group, won the race with a time of 15:51.68.
Polk County’s team finished 20th in the 25-team field. Also competing were:
- Jack Derkach, 18:31.91
- Mark Teague, 19:25.77
- Bryce Thompson, 20:50.43
- Chris Rickman, 20:55.50
- Kiyon Staley, 21:05.09
Polk freshman Olivia Overholt led the Wolverine girls with a 38th-place showing in 21:11.78. Polk County placed 17th of 20 teams in the field, with other finishers including:
- Caelan Gaul, 23:18.40
- Taytem Johnson, 24:09.75
- Amelia Nespaca, 25:12.92
- Lauren Dotson, 25:27.32
- Ashlyn Ramsey, 27:05.49
Harnett Central’s Maggie McCormick won the race with a time of 18:02.73.
Polk County returns to action on Saturday, competing in the Trailblazer Invitational in Gray, Tenn.
- PCVC 14U team opens play in national championship tourney
- Polk boys basketball program to begin summer workouts
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor
- Polk County places seventh in 1A Wells Fargo Cup race
- Youth basketball camp kicks off Wednesday afternoon at PCHS