Foothills Gymnastics Academy athletes participated Dec. 18-19 in the North Carolina AAU 1st Qualifier West in Salisbury.
ScottLynn Whiteside represented FGA at the AAU Xcel Silver level while Genevieve Ard and Kylie Whitinger participated at the AAU Xcel Gold level. Hallee Mathis and Sherlyn Trejo competed at the AAU Xcel Platinum level.
A look at how FGA gynmasts fared:
- Whiteside earned the second highest all-around score of her session with 37.125 from her second on floor with 9.4, second on bars with 9.3, tied for second on beam with 9.3 and second on vault with 9.125.
- Ard earned third all-around with her 36.2 all-around from her first on bars with 9.325, first on beam with 9.125 and 9.075 on floor.
- Whitinger earned 33.05 all-around from her 8.55 on floor, 8.4 on vault, 8.2 on bars and 7.9 on beam. She raised her floor and vault score from the previous competition.
- Mathis raised her vault score from last competition to 9.0, which earned her third on vault. She received 34.025 all-around from her 8.8 on floor, 8.175 on beam and 8.05 on bars.
- Trejo earned second place all-around with 35.775 from her first on beam with 9.125, second on floor with 9.350, third on bars with 8.45 and 8.85 on vault.
FGA’s Xcel platinum team won the second place team award. FGA coaches are proud of all their competing gymnasts qualifying for the state competition in the spring.
The gymnasts will compete next on January 14 at the Furman Classic in Greenville.