Foothills Gymnastics Academy capped its competition season with an excellent showing at the 2021 AAU National Gymnastics Championships in Savannah, Ga.
Foothills had six gymnasts compete in the meet and brought home some national titles, leaving FGA coaches proud of not only the strong performances from each gymnast, but also how well they represented the state and region.
Zina Ishwar, Anna-Carlisle Keim, Hallee Mathis, Eliza Then and Sherlyn Trejo represented FGA’s Xcel Gold gymnastics team:
- With first place, Ishwar was the National Bar champion with 9.850 as well as third All Around with a 37.850, third on beam with a 9.525 and fourth on floor with 9.20.
- Keim excelled in her division with a 37.60 All around score to tie for first place as the 2021 National All-Around champion in her division as well as receiving first place on the bar with a 9.825 for the 2021 National Bar champion. She was also third on beam with a 9.25 and tied for third on floor with a 9.4.
- Then achieved second All-Around with 38.025, second on beam with a 9.525, third on bar with 9.85, tied for third on vault with 9.45 and 9.2 on floor.
- Mathis earned some of her highest scores this season with 36.925 in All-Around and third on beam with 9.325, 9.375 on bar, 9.175 on vault and 9.05 on floor.
- Trejo excelled by achieving not only the highest in her division, but the highest in her session with first All-Around with 38.60, first on bars with 9.85, first on vault with 9.6, first on beam with 9.475 and second on floor with 9.675.
Genevieve Ard represented FGA’s Xcel Silver gymnastics team. She earned the highest All-Around from her team with 38.725 for second place in her division. She finished first on beam with 9.675, making her a National Beam champion, second place on bar with 9.85, third place on floor with 9.675 and third place on vault with 9.525.