Foothills Gymnastics Academy (FGA) participated in the Ultimate AAU competition on April 24 in Duluth, Ga.
Aria Springs and Emma Whitehurst represented FGA at the AAU Xcel Bronze level. ScottLynn Whiteside and Kylie Whitinger participated at the AAU Xcel Gold level. Anna-Carlisle Keim and Sherlyn Trejo competed at the AAU Xcel Platinum level.
For FGA Bronze:
- Springs earned 36.125 all-around from her first on beam with 9.35, 9.325 on floor, 8.95 on bar and 8.5 on vault. She raised her all-around from her improved beam, floor and bar scores.
- Whitehurst achieved 36.35 all-around from her 9.2 on bars, 9.2 on beam, 9.2 on floor and 8.75 on vault. She raised her floor score from the last competition.
For FGA Gold:
- Whiteside received 36.25 all-around from her tie for second place on floor with 9.325, third place on bar with 9.25, 9.075 on beam and 8.6 on vault. She raised her floor score from the previous competition.
- Whitinger earned fourth place all-around with 36.325 from her first on vault with 9.175, 9.1 on beam, 9.05 on floor and 9.0 on bar. She raised her all-around score by almost 1.5 points by improving her vault, beam and floor scores.
For Xcel Platinum:
- Keim achieved second place all-around with her second place on floor with 9.05, 9.05 on vault, and 9.025 on beam.
- Trejo achieved first all-around in her division and the highest in her session with 38.475 from her first on beam with 9.725, first on bar with 9.65, first on floor with 9.6 and first on vault with 9.5. She raised her all-around score from improving her floor, bar and vault scores from the last competition.