Foothills gymnasts accumulate top finishes at AAU State Meet
Athletes from Foothills Gymnastics Academy participated in the North Carolina 2022 AAU State Meet on April 30-May 1 in Winston-Salem.
Anna Bucher, Kendall Medina, Hadley Pereira, Aria Springs, Alia Vorbe and Emma Whitehurst represented FGA at the AAU Xcel bronze level. Genevieve Ard, ScottLynn Whiteside and Kylie Whitinger participated at the AAU Xcel Gold level. Anna-Carlisle Keim and Sherlyn Trejo competed at the AAU Xcel Platinum level.
For Xcel Bronze:
- Bucher received 35.85 all-around from her 9.025 on floor, 8.975 on beam, 8.95 on vault and 8.9 on bars. She raised her vault score from the last competition.
- Medina achieved 34.55 all-around from her 8.85 on floor, 8.6 on vault, 8.6 on bars and 8.5 on beam. She raised her all-around score from improving her floor, vault and beam scores.
- Pereira earned third all-around with 37.35 from her first on floor with 9.5, third on vault with 9.475, fourth on bars with 9.2 and 9.175 on beam.
- Springs acquired 35.625 from her fifth place on floor with 9.25, sixth on beam with 9.15 and 8.8 on bars. She raised her all-around score from the previous competition by improving her floor and bar scores.
- Vorbe earned 35.5 all-around from her fourth place on bars with 8.9, sixth place on beam with 9.05, and seventh place on floor with 8.925. She raised her beam score from the previous competition.
- Whitehurst achieved 35.625 all-around from her seventh place on vault with 8.775, 9.05 on beam, 9.0 on bars and 8.8 on floor.
For FGA Gold:
- Ard earned second place all-around with her 37.425 from her first on bars with 9.3, second on vault with 9.2, fifth on beam with 9.475 and 9.45 on floor. She achieved the highest all-around score for FGA.
- Whiteside received 35.375 all-around from her seventh on beam with 9.25, her 9.3 on floor, and 8.5 on bars. She improved her floor from the previous competition.
- Whitinger achieved 34.65 all-around from her fourth place for bars with 9.1, fifth place for vault with 8.75, and 8.8 on floor. She raised her floor score from the previous competition.
For Xcel Platinum:
- Keim achieved fourth place all-around with 35.75 from her third on floor with 9.2, fourth on bars with 8.7, fifth on vault with 9.0 and 8.85 on beam.
- Trejo earned first all-around with 37.375 from her first on beam with 9.5, second on bars with 9.25, fourth on vault with 9.25 and fourth on floor with 9.375.
FGA coaches were proud of how the gymnasts placed, especially considering the intense competition.
Some of the FGA gymnasts will compete May 21-22 at the Southeast Regional Championships in Daytona Beach, Fla.