Polk tops Hendersonville in boys tennis opener
k County opened the 2019 boys tennis season on Wednesday with a 7-2 victory over Hendersonville at Jackson Park
Polk County opened the 2019 boys tennis season on Wednesday with a 7-2 victory over Hendersonville at Jackson Park.
The Wolverines won five of the day’s six singles matches to wrap up the non-conference win before the start of doubles play.
Ryan Heider and Henry Heider each recorded 10-0 wins at No. 1 and No. 2 singles, respectively, to set the tone for the day. The Heiders also teamed for an 8-0 win at No. 1 doubles.
Grant Waddell, Adam Kehrer and Kalob Jackson also recorded singles wins, with Jackson teaming with Jarod Searcy for a victory at No. 3 doubles.
The Wolverines are back in action Thursday, hosting R-S Central at 4:30 p.m.
1. Ryan Heider (PC) d. Devin Horton 10-0; 2. Henry Heider (PC) d. Thomas Hoffman 10-0; 3. Gray Capps (H) d. Jarod Searcy 10-3; 4. Grant Waddell (PC) d. Pedro Connerto 10-3; 5. Adam Kehrer (PC) d. Gus Schilling 10-8; 6. Kalob Jackson (PC) d. Bryson McKinney 10-5.
1. R. Heider-H. Heider (PC) d. Horton-Hoffman 8-0; 2. Capps-Connerto (H) d. Waddell-Kehrer 8-6; 3. Jackson-Searcy (PC) d. Schilling-Talon Johnson 8-5
- Polk trio honored at WNC Sports Awards Banquet
- Audio slideshow: Polk County athletes compete at 1A state track and field meet
- Justice leaves his mark on state track with record, another pole vault title
- Emotional 4×400 state title tinged with sadness for Polk seniors
- Wolverines battle, but drop 2-0 decision to Union Academy