Wolverines rebound to rally past Bearcats, 3-2
Polk County Middle’s boys soccer team bounced back and fought back Wednesday
Polk County Middle’s boys soccer team bounced back and fought back Wednesday.
The Wolverines rebounded from their first loss of the season on Tuesday for a come-from-behind 3-2 victory over Hendersonville Middle in a Blue Ridge Conference match in Hendersonville.
Polk Middle (3-1) trailed 2-1 at the half, the Wolverines getting their first goal in the 20th minute when Jack Smith scored on a corss from Topher Pearson.
But Keaundre Green evened the score in the 32nd minute, tallying after receiving an Evan Jones flick off an Auston Ledford’s throw-in.
The Wolverines then got the winning goal in the 50th minute as Pearson dribbled around a Hendersonville defender and found the net with his shot.
Polk Middle is back in action on Monday, hosting Flat Rock at 4:30 p.m.
- Polk County leads Wells Fargo Conference Cup race after fall season
- Polk Middle turns home finale into victory party, topping Brevard
- Wolverines battle Brevard for half before Devils pull away for win
- Wolverines celebrate season, hand out awards at football banquet
- PCVC 13U squad rolls to tournament title