Wolverine offense explodes in 5-4 loss at Crest
Crest survived a frenzied second half Wednesday to nip Polk County 5-4 in non-conference boys soccer action in Boiling Springs
Crest survived a frenzied second half Wednesday to nip Polk County 5-4 in non-conference boys soccer action in Boiling Springs.
The Chargers held a 1-0 halftime lead before both offenses exploded in the second half, each scoring four times.
Alex Pearson, Isaac Edwards, Mateo Mendoza and Grayson Jones each tallied for the Wolverines (0-2).
“We kept possession of the ball, we had high energy,” said Polk County head coach Josh Trejo. “It was a good game to watch with goals going back and forth.”
Crest earned an 8-1 victory in the junior varsity match.
Both teams are back at home on Monday, hosting West Henderson. JV action begins at 5 p.m., with the varsity to follow.
- Polk County leads Wells Fargo Conference Cup race after fall season
- Polk Middle turns home finale into victory party, topping Brevard
- Wolverines battle Brevard for half before Devils pull away for win
- Wolverines celebrate season, hand out awards at football banquet
- PCVC 13U squad rolls to tournament title