Weather, Flat Rock prove unlucky combo for Polk Middle
Neither luck nor the weather proved to be on Polk County Middle’s side on Monday
Neither luck nor the weather proved to be on Polk County Middle’s side on Monday.
The Wolverines suffered a storm-shortened 1-0 loss to Flat Rock in Blue Ridge Conference boys soccer action at Utz Field.
Polk Middle (3-2) had the better of play for most of the first half, narrowly missing a couple of scoring opportunities. Flat Rock managed the lone goal of the half, taking a 1-0 lead at the break.
The two teams had barely begun play in the second half before a thunderstorm moved into the area, halting the match. It marked the second straight home game shortened by inclement weather for Polk Middle.
All Blue Ridge Conference matches are official once they reach halftime.
Polk Middle will be back in action on Wednesday, traveling to Brevard Middle.
- Polk County leads Wells Fargo Conference Cup race after fall season
- Polk Middle turns home finale into victory party, topping Brevard
- Wolverines battle Brevard for half before Devils pull away for win
- Wolverines celebrate season, hand out awards at football banquet
- PCVC 13U squad rolls to tournament title