Polk County earns No. 7 seed, bye in 1A West boys soccer bracket
Polk County is the No. 7 seed in the 1A West boys soccer playoffs bracket and will receive a first-round playoff bye
Polk County is the No. 7 seed in the 1A West boys soccer playoffs bracket and will receive a first-round playoff bye in the pairings announced Wednesday by the North Carolina High School Athletic Association.
The Wolverines will host a second-round match, likely on Tuesday, against either No. 10 Thomas Jefferson Classical Academy (15-2) or No. 23 Cornerstone Charter Academy (5-13-1). That match is set for Saturday at Thomas Jefferson.
As the top 1A team from the Western Highlands Conference, Polk County was seeded with all other 1A conference champions and top seeds.
Thomas Jefferson finished as the No. 2 seed in the Southern Piedmont 1A Conference, sharing the regular-season title with Lincoln Charter but losing a tiebreaker, while Cornerstone finished fifth in the Central Tar Heel 1A Conference. Both teams earned wild-card berths.
Full brackets can be viewed here.
- Polk County leads Wells Fargo Conference Cup race after fall season
- Polk Middle turns home finale into victory party, topping Brevard
- Wolverines battle Brevard for half before Devils pull away for win
- Wolverines celebrate season, hand out awards at football banquet
- PCVC 13U squad rolls to tournament title