Wolverine JVs surge in second quarter en route to win
Polk County exploded for 28 points in the second quarter Thursday en route to a 54-40 victory over Cherryville in boys junior varsity basketball play
Polk County exploded for 28 points in the second quarter Thursday en route to a 54-40 victory over Cherryville in boys junior varsity basketball play.
The Wolverines improved to 5-3 with the win. Polk County travels Friday to Owen for its Western Highlands Conference opener.
Wesley Royster scored 14 points and Chan Barber added 11 for Polk, which built a 37-25 halftime lead and never trailed thereafter.
Bryson Edwards, Shaq Wingo and Kanye Staley each added five points, with Nate Henderson and Ben Hardin each scoring four.
Steven Chupp and Davin Hines each scored three points for Polk.
- PCVC 14U picks up first win at AAU national tournament
- Wolverines 12th Man to hold kickoff celebration on August 10
- PCVC 14U team opens play in national championship tourney
- Polk boys basketball program to begin summer workouts
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor