Wolverine JVs pull away in second half to top Cherryville
Polk County’s junior varsity pulled away in the second half Tuesday to hand Cherryville a 40-32 defeat in boys basketball action at Pol
Polk County’s junior varsity pulled away in the second half Tuesday to hand Cherryville a 40-32 defeat in boys basketball action at Polk.
The Wolverines improved to 2-2 with the win.
Polk County inched ahead 19-17 at the half before taking command in the third period, a balanced attack helping Polk build a 31-24 lead at the end of the quarter.
Davin Hines scored 10 points to pace the Wolverines, with Chan Barber adding seven and Shaq Wingo scoring six. Wes Royster finished with five points, with Bryson Edwards and Nate Henderson each scoring four and Kanye Staley and Omar Carson each scoring two.
The win came on the heels of a 47-25 last week at East Henderson. Polk County finished that game 20-of-28 at the foul line to help secure the victory.
Wingo had 14 points, with Barber adding 10, including a perfect 8-for-8 at the free throw line. Hines added eight points.
Polk County returns to action Wednesday, traveling to Highland Tech.
- College roundup: Godlock having solid spring, Livesay nears end of senior season
- Twitty captures USA South shot put conference title
- Owen in running for 2019 NFCA Freshman of the Year
- Indoor facility helping brighten the future of Polk County baseball
- Emory takes medalist honors at WHC match in Newland