Polk, minus Phipps, falls at Cherryville
Cherryville earned its 10th straight win Thursday, rolling to a 67-49 win over Polk County in boys basketball action
Cherryville earned its 10th straight win Thursday, rolling to a 67-49 win over Polk County in boys basketball action in Cherryville.
The Ironmen improved to 11-1 with the win. Polk County dropped to 0-8 ahead of Friday’s Western Highlands Conference opener at Owen.
The Wolverines played without leading scorer Clark Phipps, who suffered a concussion earlier in the week.
Freshman Dominique Carson scored 20 points to lead Polk County, which trailed by 33 at one point before rallying to cut the deficit to 16.
Qualon Sutton and Keyandre Thomas each scored six points, with Tyler Staley and Amir Gary each adding five. Javontae Miller had four points, with Mitchell Yoder and Sedrick Pickett scoring two.
- PCVC 14U picks up first win at AAU national tournament
- Wolverines 12th Man to hold kickoff celebration on August 10
- PCVC 14U team opens play in national championship tourney
- Polk boys basketball program to begin summer workouts
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor