Polk JVs continue winning ways with WHC victory over Avery
Polk County pulled away in the second half Tuesday to hand Avery a 39-29 setback in Western Highlands Conference junior varsity boys basketball play
Polk County pulled away in the second half Tuesday to hand Avery a 39-29 setback in Western Highlands Conference junior varsity boys basketball play at Polk.
The Wolverines (6-4) held an 18-15 lead at the end of the first half. But Wes Royster scored all seven of his points in the second half and Chan Barber added six to help push Polk County rebound from a loss Friday at Owen.
Shaq Wingo scored 12 of his team-high 16 points in the first half for Polk. Barber finished with nine points, with Bryson Edwards, Ben Hardin and Davin Hines each scoring two points and Nate Henderson adding one.
Winners of four of their last five games, the Wolverines return to action Thursday, visiting Piedmont Community Charter.
- PCVC 14U picks up first win at AAU national tournament
- Wolverines 12th Man to hold kickoff celebration on August 10
- PCVC 14U team opens play in national championship tourney
- Polk boys basketball program to begin summer workouts
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor