Polk JV boys head into 2018 on high note with win at East
Polk County’s junior varsity boys wrapped up their pre-holiday schedule on Wednesday with a 50-48 win over East Henderson in a non-conference basketball meeting in Flat Rock
Polk County’s junior varsity boys wrapped up their pre-holiday schedule on Wednesday with a 50-48 win over East Henderson in a non-conference basketbal meeting in Flat Rock.
The Wolverines ended 2017 on a high note in earning their second win of the season, building a 33-18 halftime lead and surviving an Eagle rally in the second half.
“We had a lot of key stops from our starters and also had a lot of help from our bench,” said Polk County head JV coach Brad Muse. “These kids continue to make positive steps forward.”
Keyandre Thomas had 18 points to lead Polk, with Shane Parris adding 15. Shaq Wingo scored eight, with Tyler Staley contributing four. Brett Bagwell and Wesley Royster each scored two while Grant Waddell finished with one for the Wolverines.
- Polk County leads Wells Fargo Conference Cup race after fall season
- Polk Middle turns home finale into victory party, topping Brevard
- Wolverines battle Brevard for half before Devils pull away for win
- Wolverines celebrate season, hand out awards at football banquet
- PCVC 13U squad rolls to tournament title