Opening flurry proves too much for Polk boys to overcome on road
Piedmont Community Charter scored 19 of the game’s first 20 points Thursday en route to a 64-41 win over Polk County in boys basketball action in Gastonia
Piedmont Community Charter scored 19 of the game’s first 20 points Thursday en route to a 64-41 win over Polk County in boys basketball action in Gastonia.
The Patriots improved to 10-2 with the win. Polk County dropped to 0-11 ahead of Friday’s Western Highlands Conference home game with Mitchell.
Leading scorer Clark Phipps returned from injury and scored 18 points to pace Polk County. Dominique Carson added six points, with Qualon Sutton scoring four.
Mitchell Yoder and Amir Gary each scored three points for the Wolverines, with Ezekiel Hermann adding two. Polk County played without injured starter Keyandre Thomas.
- PCVC 14U picks up first win at AAU national tournament
- Wolverines 12th Man to hold kickoff celebration on August 10
- PCVC 14U team opens play in national championship tourney
- Polk boys basketball program to begin summer workouts
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor