Eagles hold off Wolverines for 63-60 triumph
Polk County fought back from a 10-point deficit in the first period, but ultimately dropped a 63-60 decision to East Henderson
Polk County fought back from a 10-point deficit in the first period, but ultimately dropped a 63-60 decision Friday to East Henderson in boys basketball action at Polk.
The Wolverines fell to 0-6 with the loss. East Henderson improved to 2-4.
Clark Phipps had 24 points, five rebounds and four steals for the Wolverines, with Amir Gary scoring 18 points, including four 3-pointers.
Dominique Carson added nine points, with Peyton Dill scoring five, Keyandre Thomas scoring two and Ezeikel Hermann and Javantae Miller each adding two.
Polk County is scheduled to return to action on Thursday, traveling to Brevard.
- PCVC 14U picks up first win at AAU national tournament
- Wolverines 12th Man to hold kickoff celebration on August 10
- PCVC 14U team opens play in national championship tourney
- Polk boys basketball program to begin summer workouts
- Justice wraps prep career with second place at New Balance Nationals Outdoor