Polk County’s indoor track team got their first look this season at JDL Fast Track in Winston-Salem on Monday, with the Wolverines competing in the Spartan Classic.
No team scores were kept in the meet, an invitational designed to give some of the top indoor athletes and teams in the state a chance to compete at the JDL facility that will host the state indoor championships in February.
Polk County added a new qualifier for that state meet on Monday, with Dillon Overholt jumping 20-1 in the long jump to surpass the state qualifying standard. Overholt placed sixth in the event, with Jake Justice taking first with a jump of 21-6 3/4.
Justice also placed second in the pole vault with a leap of 13-6.
Other efforts for Polk County included:
* Reagan Waddell, shot put, second with a throw of 33-5 1/2
* The Polk County boys 4×800-meter relay team, third in 8:52.70
* The Polk girls 4×400-meter relay team, fourth in 4:34.22
* The Polk boys 4×400-meter relay team, fourth in 3:41.58
* The Polk girls 4×200-meter relay team, fourth in 1:59.86
* Luke Sellers (40-10 1/2) and Holden Owens (40-4) placing 4-5 in the shot put
* Reese Alley, fifth in the long jump at 15-0 3/4
* The Polk boys 4×200-meter relay team, fifth in 1:38.50
* The Polk girls 4×800-meter relay team, sixth in 11:38.08
* Caleb Potter, seventh in the 1600 meters in 4:50.35
* Girls pole vault: Lauren Ketwitz 8-6, Reese Alley 7-0
* Boys 55-meter dash: Dillon Overholt, 7:13
* Boys 1600-meter run: Evan Dadson, 4:59.25
* Boys triple jump: Matias Akers, 34-8 1/2
* Boys pole vault: Matias Akers 8-0; Jackson Geddings 8-0
- / 3 days ago
Adam Dedmon has heard much about the excellence of Polk County's athletic program since...
- / 5 days ago
The Wolverine 12th Man will hold a 12th Man Kickoff Celebration on Saturday, Aug....
- / 5 days ago
The Southern Athletics 12U travel baseball squad, featuring a handful of Polk County connections,...
- / 2 weeks ago
Polk County rising senior Caleb Potter held off teammate Evan Dadson to win the...