Polk County gets two relay wins at indoor meet in Winston-Salem
Polk County brought home a pair of indoor track meet relay victories from Saturday’s January Mini-Meet #3 at the JDL Fast Track in Winston-Salem.
The Wolverines’ 4×400-meter relay squad, consisting of Sean Doyle, Jacob Wolfe, Eli Hall and Nate Smart, won the event with a time of 3:39.33, finishing nearly seven seconds ahead of Butler’s squad.
Doyle, Mitchell Brown, Wolfe and Eli Hall won the 4×800-meter relay in a time of 8:26.66, almost nine seconds better than Butler in that event.
Polk County is scheduled to return to JDL again next Saturday before hosting the final regular-season meet of the season on Jan. 28.
Complete Polk County results from Saturday’s meet:
Ashton Capozzi, NH; Anamarie Gunderson, NH
7. Michaela Nelon, 28-7
15. Emma Wagoner, 14-0
13. Emma Wagoner, 30-1
2. Polk County (Savannah Robbins, Emily Kocher, Allison Swope, Leah Hardin), 10:55.56
10. Polk County (Joy Shanahan, Savannah Robbins, Ashton Capozzi, Jennifer Griffin), 2:04.98
20. Danielle Holtz, 7:14.43
25. Haven Dufford, 1:41.41
8. Polk County (Savannah Robbins, Allison Swope, Emily Kocher, Addie Lynch), 4:35.67
7. Jordan Smith, 19-4.25
1. Polk County (Sean Doyle, Mitchell Brown, Jacob Wolfe, Eli Hall), 8:26.66
31. Connor Holtz, 6:06.77
9. Jacob Wolfe, 2:46.84
17. Nate Smart, 38.94
4. Sean Doyle, 10:36.17
1. Polk County (Sean Doyle, Jacob Wolfe, Eli Hall, Nate Smart), 3:39.33
- / 16 hours ago
The unluckiest of breaks Tuesday spoiled Polk County’s hopes of a trip to the...
- / 4 days ago
Polk survived a marathon 1A boys soccer quarterfinal on a chilly evening at G.M....
- / 4 days ago
Polk County is going to the state 1A football playoffs