The Polk County High School ski and snowboard team won second place overall in the Cataloochee Middle and High School Racing season.
A club team at Polk County High, the Wolverines competed in races throughout January and February before taking part in the season finals on March 5. The overall finish is based on combined scores for all disciplines and genders.
Polk County’s team, coached by Carrie Baris, brought home several individual awards. Those included:
* Second place overall male snowboard team.
* Evan Dadson as most improved high school racer overall.
* Hayden Gary as the second place overall male skier.
* Sophie Young as the second place overall female snowboarder.
* Bailey Livesay as the second place overall male snowboarder as well as Most Valuable.
In the March 5 final, Young finished as the fastest female snowboarder and Gary as the fastest male skier.